There is nothing more important than the security of your data
We take the security of your data very seriously. To ensure the confidentiality of your emails we take the following safeguards:
- When possible, data and passwords are encrypted.
- We use hardened Linux servers that only expose services necessary to anonymous requests. All other requests are filtered through firewalls.
- Critical data is backed up regularly and retained for 30 days.
- Users can retrieve their email using industry standard SSL security. We support secure pop3, secure imap and secure smtps in addition to standard ssl encryption when accessing accounts via a users web browser.
- Our hosting vendor, Amazon Web Services, has the following physical security safeguards at their data centers:
- Keycard protocols, biometric scanning protocols, and around-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance.
- Access limited to authorized data center personnel; no one else can enter the production area without prior clearance and appropriate escort.
- Every data center employee undergoes multiple and thorough background security checks before hire.
The Amazon data center that hosts our servers is compliant with the following:
- ISO 27001 Certified
- SOC 1/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 (formerly SAS70), SOC2, SOC3
- PCI DSS Level 1
- DIACAP and FISMA
- FIPS 140-2